Monday, February 14, 2011

I Choo Choo Choose You!


"Look, check it out, Lisa! You can tell the exact moment when his heart rips in half!" - Bart

Spanning four and a half decades (1963-2009) and nine genres, here's my bitterness playlist. I originally had to cut this playlist down from 60+ songs. Not all of these songs are bitter; some are classics that will rip your heart out like poor Ralphy Wiggum up above. Love songs? Puuulleeeeaase. There's a lot of heartache in music, which is why we love it.

Playlist
‎1. 13th Floor Elevators - You're Gonna Miss Me
2. Husker Du - Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely
3. Lipstick Killers - Hindu Gods of Love
4. Two Dollar Pistols - You Ruined Everything.mp3
Buy: You Ruined Everything (2002)
5. Patsy Cline - I Fall to Pieces
6. The Everly Brothers - When Will I Be Loved?
7. Old 97's - Wish the Worst
8. The Fox Hunt - Lower Than I Should Be
9. The Byrds - I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better
10. The Gourds - Promenade.mp3
Buy: Noble Creatures (2007)
11. The Paper Hearts - This Time
12. Neil Diamond - Solitary Man
13. Social Distortion - Ball and Chain
14. Drive-By Truckers - Women Without Whiskey
15. Lucero - Nights Like These
16. George Jones - You're Still On My Mind
17. Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
18. The Everly Brothers - Love Hurts
19. Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears - Bitch, I Love You
20. Slaid Cleves - Dreams
21. Frank Turner - Heartless Bastard Motherfucker
22. Al Green - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?
23. Otis Redding - I've Got Dreams to Remember


BONUS! "I Never Liked St. Valentine"
Video and song by Reckless Kelly's Willy and Cody Braun. This song was co-written by Willy Braun and Todd Snider. Good stuff.

No comments: