Friday, June 18, 2010

Rockstars have kidnapped my condo


Its 7:00 pm and I still don't know who I am going to see at NXNE tonight. I think I am going to try to hit the Buddyhead showcase at The Great Hall, and see my buddy Uncle Sinner down the street at the Cadillac Lounge, but from there....who knows? By the way, this afternoon Uncle Sinner used my condo as his personal rock workshop (above photo). I got to see how to restring a banjo and a dobro, and now have dead strings overflowing my garbage can.

A.A. Bondy is playing tonight for the Buddyhead showcase followed by an acoustic set from John Doe and Excene Cervenka. Its going to be a tough gig to get into. Better leave now.

A.A. Bondy - When the Devil's Loose.mp3
From: Daytrotter (2010)

Bonus! This just off of twitter....the NXNE secret shows tonight include Thee Oh Sees at the Bovine Sex Club (2:00 AM), Rock Plaza Central at the Dakota Tavern (2:00 AM), and Zeus at the El Mocambo (2:00 A.M). Hmmm....I kinda want to see all of these bands. I hope Second Cup is open late tonight.

No comments: