Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My NXNE adventures: Intro

The annual NxNE music extravaganza wrapped up last Sunday, and after preparing my fallout shelter and stocking up on barbiturates and booze for this weekend's G20 summit (I live/work near the summit HQ's), I have finally started organizing my thoughts, notes, and overdue credit card statements from my three days of rock and liquor. The good people at NxNE gave me a media accreditation for the festival, and while I totally appreciate the NxNE organizers considering local music blogs as "media" (even when they don't get a lot of hits), I realized during this festival that I am a very, very poor journalist. One night I forgot a pen. The next night I brought four pens, but forgot my schedule. One night I got so drunk that I had to take myself home early (early being 1:00 a.m.). The main reason I lack any journalism skillz, is that I have this disgusting love affair with beer. Hmmmmm....Beeeeer.... "Alright brain, I don't like you, and you don't like me, so I am going to slowly kill you with beer..." In my defense I did contribute a lot of $$$ to the local economy. And I did manage to see and remember 19 different acts. Over the next few days I will be posting my official reviews/thoughts/impressions of the bands I saw, and about the NxNE scene in general. But for now....

Tom T. Hall - I Like Beer (Live).mp3
Buy: Nashville Storyteller

No comments: