Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November Feel Bad For You

The monthly Feel Bad for You comp from our friends at the altcountrytab.ca forums. Download the zipped comp for one week only, or until I remember to kill the link.


1. Dwight Yoakam - Blame the Vain
Blame the Vain (2005)
Some Dwight always hits the spot when you crave twang.

2. Dwight Yoakam - No Such Thing
Population Me (2003)
If twang craving still persists, chow down on some more Dwight.

3. Dan Mangan - Road Regrets.mp3
Buy: Nice, Nice, Very Nice (2009)
Very strong sophomore album from this folk/rocker from British Columbia.

4. Frank Turner - Nashville Tennessee
The First Three Years (2008)
Just saw Turner live and loved his show. This is an older track, but very catchy.

5. Drag the River - Here’s to the Losers
2010 Demos (2010)

6. Murry Hammond - Next Time Take the Train
I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way (2008)
Can’t believe I missed this one in 2008.

7. Otis Redding - I'm Coming Home
Remember Me (1992)
I think this was recorded around 1967, but 1992's Remember Me was the only official release.

8. The Beauties - Without You.mp3
Buy (Maple Music): The Beauties (2010)

9. Brad - Believe In Yourself
Best Friends? (2010)

10. Eric Johnson - Tribute To Jerry Reed
Bloom (2005)

11. Various Artists - White Trash (feat. Steve Cash)
White Mansions (1978)

12. Murry Hammond - I Believe, I Believe
I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way (2008)

13. Kurt Vile - He's Alright (Bonus Track)
Childish Prodigy (2009)

14. Anne McCue - Don't Go To Texas (Without Me)
Broken Promise Land (2010)

15. The Steeldrivers - Drinkin' Dark Whiskey
The Steeldrivers (2008)

16. Blackie & The Rodeo Kings - Blackie & The Rodeo King.mp3
FromHigh Or Hurtin’ – The Songs of Willie P. Bennett (1996, out of print)
Their name was taken from Bennett’s 1978 album Blackie and The Rodeo King as a tribute to one of their favourite Canadian folk artists. What started as a side project soon turned into a full fledged band after this first album. BARK is a must see live along with Tom Wilson’s other band, Lee Harvey Osmond.

1 comment:

toomuchcountry said...

Interview over. Back across the border I'm assuming. And you return with Nashville, Tennessee and Steeldrivers. Damn your blogging awesomeness.