Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Night Football Epic Crap

Thank god I am too young to remember much of the 1970s, but whoever thought that a disco song to fire up an NFL team was a good idea was very, very mistaken.

I found this info on the San Diego Chargers 1979 fight song from Discomusic.com.
Written and produced in 1979 by Jerry Marcellino and David Sieff and performed by Captain Q.B. & The Big Boys (who?), "San Diego Super Chargers" hit the airwaves the same year the team went on to win the first of three consecutive AFC West titles behind the potent "Air Coryell" offense led by quarterback Dan Fouts, wide receivers Charlie Joiner and John Jefferson and tight end Kellen Winslow.

While in 1979 through 1981 the Chargers set a few total yardage marks, the squad never made it to the Super Bowl. The closest coach Don Coryell’s squad would come was a showdown against AFC West rival the Oakland Raiders in the 1980 AFC championship game. Although San Diego captured the division, the wild-card Raiders beat the Chargers in the AFC championship fracas 34-27.

"San Diego Super Chargers" is a grim reminder from an era of what-coulda-beens and if-onlys. What’s worse is it’s disco, and not even good disco to (platform) boot.
All I know is that Ladainian Tomlinson better get off his ass so my fantasy team can start getting some W's.

I can't remember where I found this mp3, but it cuts off at 1:26 so I suspect that it is actually a ring tone. However, if you make it all the way to 1:26 without turning it off, you are a stronger person than I am.

Captain Q.B. & The Big Boys - San Diego Chargers Fight Song.mp3 (1979)

2 comments:

Allan said...

This will be an exciting game! I need to watchmonday night football october 19.

Kelly said...

I always Watch Monday Night Football Episodes Online with my father. The Whole World is crazy fan of this nice show, including me and my father also. We never missed its any episode of this show. Every episode of this is always very interesting.