Monday, April 27, 2009

Some Classic Folk and Country

I'm still on a high from Justin Townes Earle's show last Wed. night. Here are a few tracks that JTE covered last week.

Mance Lipscomb
- So Different Blues.mp3
Buy (e-music): Texas Blues Guitar (1994)
I can't find when this was originally recorded, but I am going to guess the early 1960s.

Doc Watson - The Train that Carried My Girl from Town.mp3
Buy: The Essential Doc Watson (recorded 1973, CD released 1990)
Song first recorded by Watson in 1963.

Pete Seeger - Down in the Valley (Traditional).mp3
Buy: American Favorite Ballads, Vol. 1 (2002)

Buck Owens - Close Up the Honky Tonks.mp3
Buy: Together Again/My Heart Skips a Beat (1964, reissued 1995)

2 comments:

Darius said...

This is Darius from Star Maker Machine. I followed your linkback. I had never seen your blog before. What did I think? Well, I just added you to the links on my own blog, Oliver di Place, (http://oliverdiplace.blogspot.com).
Nice job.

Rockstar Aimz said...

Thanks! I love Star Maker machine. Will check out your blog too (after work).