Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fuck Christmas, I Got the Blues

Christmas gives me the crazyhead. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the baby Jesus, it's just all of the expectation, commercialization, greed, neurosis, travel nightmares, and terrible, god-awful music that gets me down. What happened to peace on earth and good will towards men and all of that crap? Bah humbug.

Here are some good blues, punk, country, and rock songs about having the Christmas doldrums.

1. The Legendary Tiger Man - Fuck Christmas, I Got the Blues.mp3
From: Fuck Christmas, I Got the Blues (2003)

2. Asylum Street Spankers - Red Nosed Reindeer Blues.mp3
Buy: A Christmas Spanking (2001)

3. Stompin' Tom Connors - Down On Christmas.mp3
From: Merry Christmas Everybody (1970)

4. Guitar Slim and Jelly Belly - Christmastime Blues.mp3
Buy: Carolina Blues NYC 1944 (1997)

5. The New Duncan Imperials - Santa Claus is a Lie.mp3
Buy: Fried (1996)

6. Jimmy Witherspoon - How I Hate to See Xmas Come Around (Christmas Blues).mp3
Buy (MP3): Blues, Blues Christmas (1925-1955) (2005)

7. Mel Brown and the Homewreckers - Don't Plan No Party This Christmas.mp3
Buy: Santa's Got Mojo (2002)

8. Merle Haggard - If We Make It Through December.mp3
Buy: Hag: The Best of Merle Haggard (2006)

9. Jaimi Shuey - Christmastime Blues.mp3
From: Christmastime Blues (2009)

10. Mike Nicolai - Christmas if for Losers.mp3
From: I have no idea...

11. Ramsey Lewis Trio - Christmas Blues.mp3
From: Sound of Christmas (1961, reissued 2004)

12. Fear - Fuck Christmas.mp3
Buy: The Record (2000)

13. Ray & Clover - I'm Mad at the Fatman.mp3
From: It's Finally Christmas! (1995)

14. Blink-182 - I Won't Be Home for Christmas.mp3
From: Santa's Swingin' Sack (1998)

15. The Swingin' Neckbreakers - Santa Claus Ain't Comin' This Year.mp3
From: 7 Inch Single (1999)


16. The Black Ace - Christmas Time (Beggin' Santa Claus).mp3
Buy: Blues, Blues Christmas 1925-1955 (2005)

2 comments:

SteveA said...

I just did a post called "I've Got the Blues" as well.....but mines was a different twist. But I so hear you on this about Christmas!

SomeGuyWithABigWiener said...

Mel Brown and the Homewreckers, eh? My friend used to play with him all the time. Even I jammed with Mel a couple of times when I was 19 at the jam nights in Waterloo! hahaha