Monday, November 10, 2008

When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose

Note: I was traveling for business last week and could not post do to a crap internet connection at the downtown Marriott in Kansas City. Booo-urns. This should have been posted on Thurs., Nov. 6.

I was feeling all smug about the fact that I found out that Barack Obama had secured enough electoral votes to be the next president of the United States of America from Jon Stewart on Comedy Central, and not some knob like Wolf Blitzer, when my buddy Jackattack one-upped me.
You guys found out from CNN, Jon Stewart, etc. I got you all beat: Bob Dylan told me. I went to his show in MPLS tonight. Bob and the band left after their first set and when they returned he informed the crowd that Obama had won the electoral vote. Then he played "Like a Rolling Stone," "Blowin' in the Wind," and the concert was over. As we spilled out from the auditorium onto a big courtyard at the U. of Minnesota a rally was already underway, complete with chants, drum circles, giggling, screaming, and cellphone photos galore. It was really something. The sense of just...overwhelming joy was so palpable you could almost taste it. And Dylan was pretty good too
Like a Rolling Stone (live version).mp3
Blowin' in the Wind (live version).mp3
Buy: No Direction Home: The Soundtrack (The Bootleg Series Vol. 7) (2005)

No comments: