Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011


I know, I post the same song every year for Memorial Day, but I don't care because this song is bad-ass! First, this song is sort of a throw back to the origins of hip-hop in that it's a protest song, questioning why the US military is in Iraq. Second, it calls out the Bush administration for having no proof on "weapons of mass destruction." Third, while he questions authority, the narrator in the song also takes tremendous pride in being a soldier and doing his job well. Despite the fact that the song is from 2005, it's lyrics can easily be changed for today's regime. Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Libya? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

But would Robert Gates back me up with the chrome?
Would Janet Napolitano fight or would she stay secure back home?
And would Hillary Clinton cover grenades in a fox hole?
I'm startin' to believe what I was told is not so.


Such a killer song! Play it LOUD!

The Perceptionists - Memorial Day.mp3
Buy: Black Dialogue (2005)

No comments: